Historical church in Allerum
Allerums Kyrka dates back to the late 12th century and is located in the small village Allerum, a few kilometers north of Helsingborg.
Originally, Allerums Kyrka was built as a typical late-Romanesque church with a nave, a choir and a semicircular apse. The church tower with the stepped gables, which is typical for Skåne, was built in the 15th century.
Between 1830 and 1840, the church was so extensively reconstructed that only some masonry of the original structure in the area of today's sacristy and the altar room remained. With the exception of the 13th-century baptismal font and some chalk paintings from the 15th century, the church inventory dates from the 18th and 19th centuries.