The Sophiamöllan mill stands on a masonry base with a surrounding gallery. The cap can be turned and the brake can be applied from there.
The mill was in regular operation until 1940 and was repeatedly repaired over the decades. Sophiamöllan is still fully functional and can also be visited from the inside through the summer months.
13:00 – 18:00
Sophiamöllan was built in 1837–1838 by Niels Petter Nielsen-Lindberg, a local sailor from Viken. Several generations of millers operated the mill since. In the early 20th century, the millstones were driven by electric motors and in 1940, Sophiamöllan was shut down.
Since 1943 the mill has been owned by local cultural associations, who took care of its preservation. Currently a foundation ensures the survival of the Sophiamöllan.