Historical church in Vellinge
The church in the center of Vellinge originates from the 12th century. Until the 19th century new parts of the building were attached or old parts were replaced.
The church was originally built in the 12th century in Romanesque style with a nave and a small chancel with a semicircular apse. The tower was added in the 15th century and was modified in the 18th century. Its present appearance with the Latin cross ground plan received the church in the 19th century with the construction of a large transept and the enlargement of the chancel.
Inside the church is a carved wooden baptismal font from the 17th century with an octagonal bowl from 1632 with elaborate reliefs illustrating biblical scenes. The retable is from the year 1608 and the pulpit from 1606. The oldest object is a procession crucifix made of oak, a work of the master of Törringe from the 15th century.