Castle mill in Malmö
The smock mill is located in the garden of Malmöhus slott and was built in 1851 on the area of the former bastion Stenbock.
Between 1879 and 1895, the millstones of the windmill were powered by a steam engine, then up to 1930 again with wind power. The regular operation was discontinued in 1945 and the mill was now subject of the museum administration.
The mill and the adjoining house of the miller, including the garden, are fully furnished and show the living and working conditions of a miller's family from the 19th century. The place around the mill is frequently used for open-air concerts and other events during the summer months.