Medieval church in Össjö
The church stands on a hill at the edge of the village Össjö, about 13 kilometers east of Ängelholm. It was built of fieldstone in Romanesque style in the late 12th century.
The rather plain church with white plastered brickwork consisted originally of the rectangular nave with a three-sided choir on the east side. The steeple was built later and transformed into its present appearance during an extensive renovation in the year 1865. On this occasion the beautiful triumphal arch portal was created in the entrance area. During a another renovation in 2004–05 the pews were painted again in the original colors and the ceiling in the choir received a dark blue coat.
The oldest object in the church is the four-sided and decorated baptismal font from the second half of the 12th century. The baptismal brass comes from the 17th century. The pulpit from 1756 is the work of sculptor Johan Ullberg. Since 1865 is a copy of the statue of the Risen Christ by Bertel Thorvaldsen inside the sanctuary. The former altarpiece from 1751 with the representation of the Last Supper, also a work by Johan Ullberg, is hanging on the north wall of the church. The two church bells was made in 1506 and 1769.