Old town hall in Ängelholm
Gamla Rådhuset is a pretty old half-timbered building at the market square in Ängelholm, who served as the town hall from 1788 to 1896 and is now used as a public exhibition hall and local gallery.
Gamla Rådhuset was built in immediate vicinity of the church of Ängelholm in 1775 and has an interesting story in terms of its historical use. It served as the town hall from 1788 to 1896, that is the reason of the present name. After that it was the residence for the mayor of Ängelholm.
In the meantime, it was home to a museum and then to the tourist office of Ängelholm. Currently there are changing exhibitions and one room serves as a ceremonial hall for civil marriages because of its historical ambience.