Historical church near Skurup
Gärdslövs Kyrka is originally dating back to the 12th century. The small church is located in the settlement Gärdslöv, near the municiplaity of Skurup, 10 kilometers east of Anderslöv.
When the church was built for the local rural population in the 12th century, it did not have a bell tower and only consisted of the nave and the chancel. For several centuries it had, like so many other churches at the time, two entrances. One on each long side, to separate men and women.
The church tower, the sacristy and the northern transept were attached in 1850, whereby two side entrances were walled and the entrance was moved to the base of the tower.
The oldest sacral item in the church is the baptistery made of sandstone, which dates back to the period when the church was built. Altar, pulpit and the triumphal crucifix are from the 17th century.