Historical church near Skegrie
Bodarps Kyrka is originally dating back to the 12th century. The church is located in the small settlement Bodarp on the border to neighboring municipality of Vellinge, about 4 kilometers north of Skegrie.
The altarpiece in the church dates from the 16th century and shows the Last Supper, the Crucifixion and the resurrected Jesus. The side wings are decorated with carvings. The pulpit and baptismal font are dating to 1640. The pulpit has pictures of Jesus and sculptures of the evangelists and the baptismal font is decorated with symbolic figures.
The Romanesque church consisted first only out of a nave with chancel and apse. The tower with the stepped gables and the arches inside the church were added in the 15th century. While the expansion in the 19th century the church was given a larger chancel with apse and two transepts. The central nave remained unchanged in principle and is still almost equivalent to its original appearance of the 12th century.